Chidley Point Reserve is an absolute gem of a place and one of my favourite places to hang out with the kids.
Located on the banks of the Swan River in Mosman Park Chidley Point Reserve is the perfect spot to enjoy the calm waters of the river and a picnic or BBQ with friends.
There are two car parks at Chidley Point Reserve. The upper level car park allows parking for a large number of cars.
The lower level car park, right next to the beach, is accessed via a steep hill and only has parking for 6 cars.
The small beach at Chidley Point Reserve is sandy and full of shells. The water is predominantly calm until you get a big boat pass by and then it does get wavy. The kids loved paddling in it although watch out for Jelly Fish at certain times of the year.
It’s a great spot for watching all the boats go by and you can feel like you are on your own desert island!
When we visited there was a couple of families that had brought along their kayaks and the kids were have a great time paddling around.
Chidley Point Reserve has great facilities enabling you to spend the day there. There is an Exeloo, 2 BBQs, a picnic table shaded by trees and two picnic shelters.
Pay Chidley Point Reserve a visit – you won’t be disappointed but shhh don’t tell everyone. It’s our secret!
Find more beaches in Perth
About Jennie McNichol
Jennie McNichol is the Co-Founder and Editor of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in the television industry for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 12 and 10 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.Visit My Website
- How To Host A Flower-Themed Summer Backyard Party For Kids - June 8, 2021
- 5 Tips To Help Kids Adjust After A Divorce - May 27, 2021
- 7 Things to Keep Your Kids Entertained on a Family Road Trip - May 27, 2021
- The FluBub Study – Protecting Young Babies from Influenza - May 24, 2021
- Children’s Fever 101: When To Worry And When To Relax - May 14, 2021
- 6 Tips To Keep Your Children Healthy During The Pandemic - May 7, 2021
- Rockface Indoor Rock Climbing Balcatta - May 5, 2021
- Chicken and Beer Festival - May 3, 2021
- 6 Tips For Creating A Kid-Friendly Website - May 1, 2021
- 6 Best Ways To Save Money For A Mortgage Downpayment - May 1, 2021
Jennie McNichol is the Co-Founder and Editor of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in the television industry for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 12 and 9 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.