Chidley Point Reserve is an absolute gem of a place and one of my favourite places to hang out with the kids.
Located on the banks of the Swan River in Mosman Park Chidley Point Reserve is the perfect spot to enjoy the calm waters of the river and a picnic or BBQ with friends.
There are two car parks at Chidley Point Reserve. The upper level car park allows parking for a large number of cars.
The lower level car park, right next to the beach, is accessed via a steep hill and only has parking for 6 cars.
The small beach at Chidley Point Reserve is sandy and full of shells. The water is predominantly calm until you get a big boat pass by and then it does get wavy. The kids loved paddling in it although watch out for Jelly Fish at certain times of the year.
It’s a great spot for watching all the boats go by and you can feel like you are on your own desert island!
When we visited there was a couple of families that had brought along their kayaks and the kids were have a great time paddling around.
Chidley Point Reserve has great facilities enabling you to spend the day there. There is an Exeloo, 2 BBQs, a picnic table shaded by trees and two picnic shelters.
Pay Chidley Point Reserve a visit – you won’t be disappointed but shhh don’t tell everyone. It’s our secret!
Find more beaches in Perth
About Jennie McNichol
Jennie McNichol is the Co-Founder and Editor of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in the television industry for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 12 and 10 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.Visit My Website
- Top 6 Features To Consider Before Buying Baby Carriers - November 12, 2021
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 9, 2021
- The Life Boat, Mindarie Marina - November 9, 2021
- How to Get Your Kids to Brush Their Teeth - November 1, 2021
- Baby Massage 101: A First-Time Parent’s Guide - October 21, 2021
- Best Subscription Boxes for Kids - October 20, 2021
- Tokyo Treat Subscription Box Review - October 19, 2021
- Kids Halloween Party Food - October 14, 2021
- Ancient Greeks: Athletes, Warriors and Heroes Exhibition at WA Museum Boola Bardip - October 7, 2021
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2021 - October 5, 2021
Jennie McNichol is the Co-Founder and Editor of Buggybuddys. She moved to Perth in 2010 after 11 years of living in London, working in the television industry for the BBC. She is the mother of two daughters aged 12 and 9 and loves the family-friendly lifestyle that Perth has to offer.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.