Mammoth Cave is located South of the Margaret River it is open every day from 9am till 5pm.
Single Entry Fees are: Adults $22.50, Child $12, Family (2+2) $58, Extra Children (with family Ticket) $6, Seniors $20. Two or more Cave passes can be purchased.
There is a choice of 4 different caves to explore. We chose to visit Mammoth Cave above all the others in the region as it is the most accessible and self-guided. It’s easier with young kids as you can explore the Cave in your own time.
Each visitor is provided with an informative ‘audio tour’ through the MP3 player. Our boys loved wearing their own headphones and looked out for the numbers along the tour to input them on their MP3 and listen to the interesting facts.
We were free to wander at our own pace along the boardwalks and platforms, through the majestic chambers of the cave. We also gave the boys small torches to point to dark places inside the Cave or to shine the light on the huge stalactites and stalagmites. My 5 year old was consistently remarked how awesome it was. He was so excited. It was like his own little adventure!
Mammoth Cave is also one of just a few caves in the south west which contains fossils; the remains of a Tasmanian devil, a Tasmanian tiger and a giant kangaroo are on display inside the cave.
At the end of the Cave two huge beehives (at a safe distance) can be admired.
A visit to Mammoth Cave finishes with a winding walk through the beautiful marri forest. You have a choice to do the short 200m walk or the longer 700m one.
Tips and Notes.
– No prams are allowed inside the cave however the first chamber is Wheelchair accessible.
– Wear a jumper/jacket. We visited in spring and it was a warm day but inside the cave it was a cool 12degC.
– Bring a small torch for the kids.
– Toilets are available at the entrance.
– Boardwalk is narrow and there are several steps; especially at the exit of the cave there are over 100 steps up, but the railings along the side make for an easy climb out.
– No food or drinks are allowed inside the Cave, however, at the entrance there are few picnic tables available for a before or after tour snack.
– The Cave can be visited within 30-40minutes or longer.
Mammoth Cave is located 15 minutes drive south of Margaret River along Caves Road.
- Denmark Thrills Adventure Park - May 1, 2019
- Poynter Market Duncraig - May 13, 2017
- Feral Brewing Company, Swan Valley - March 9, 2017
- Scarlet Woods Chalets, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- Lavender and Berry Farm, Pemberton - March 9, 2017
- The Bush Shack Brewery, Yallingup - February 10, 2017
- Mack Daddys Pizza, Mount Lawley - January 27, 2017
- Bayswater Waves - November 16, 2016
- Scooter Tricks and Skills, Esplanade Youth Plaza, Fremantle - July 8, 2016
- Lego Club at Woodvale Library - May 17, 2016