Kidsafe WA – We are the leading independent not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting safety and preventing childhood injuries and accidents in Western Australia. Injuries are the leading cause of death in Australian children aged one to fourteen, accounting for nearly half of all deaths in this age group.
Based in West Leederville, Kidsafe WA have been providing expert knowledge informing parents and children on staying safe at home, at play and on the road for over 40 years.
Kidsafe WA is widely recognised for our three program areas – home, road and play. Our home program comprises of our safety demonstration house and workshops aimed at parents, carers and child care workers. Our road program includes our wonderful team of trained fitters available for fitting and checking appointments, whilst also providing advisory and hiring appointments. Our play program provides advisory and consultancy work with community groups on playground structures.
Our West Leederville office is open for business Monday to Friday, where we offer child car restraint appointments daily. Our trained staff are committed to ensuring West Australian children become healthy adults.
Safety Demonstration House tours are free of charge or a gold coin donation. These tours run every two months and can be booked by emailing Ivana@kidsafewa.com.au. Alternatively, you can view our online version on our website.
We also offer Baby Safety Seminars every month that are supported by Britax. These sessions are free of charge and are best suited for new parents and grandparents. Providing an overview of childhood injuries, a child car restraint fitting demonstration and a guided tour through our Safety Demonstration House this is one seminar not to miss!
Unfortunately, we see around 27 West Australian children die each year from preventable injuries, while a further 7,000 are hospitalised. Kidsafe WA exists to prevent these tragedies. Our aims are to reduce the severity of injuries to children and prevent child deaths from injuries.
- The Parkerville Tavern - September 1, 2021
- Zone Bowling Birthday Party - August 31, 2021
- Five Reasons Why You Need to See West Australian Ballet’s Coppélia - August 25, 2021
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - August 24, 2021
- Kien Strawberry Farm - August 7, 2021
- 5 Ways To Teach Children How To Love And Care For Animals - August 3, 2021
- Book Week 2021 Costume Ideas - July 26, 2021
- Infant Nutrition 101: 9 Foods Infants Can And Can’t Eat - June 22, 2021
- How To Host A Flower-Themed Summer Backyard Party For Kids - June 8, 2021
- 5 Tips To Help Kids Adjust After A Divorce - May 27, 2021