Winter Village Review
Located at the iconic Ice Cream Factory location in Northbridge, you will find Perth’s coolest new attraction, the Winter Village.
The Winter Village is a winter wonderland, perfect for the whole family. It is free to enter so you can just check out the giant igloo and the daily snow showers without paying a cent.
Of course, it’s not a winter wonderland without ice skating. We got lucky with my kid’s school having a pupil free day on a Tuesday, which is 2 for 1 skate day at the winter village! This also meant we basically had the rink to ourselves for our session which was great fun.
The skating sessions run for 45 mins and the price includes skate hire (and helmet hire if you wish). You can also hire the kangaroo skate-aid and knee/ elbow pads as optional extras.
The ice rink is a good size and all undercover so a perfect wet weather activity. There’s plenty of room to change foot ware and leave bags too.
Once we finished skating we grabbed some hot chocolates (a sneaky alcoholic version for me) and chips from the pop-up bar and sat inside the giant igloo.
We were also there for a snow shower which the kids loved!
We had such a great time at the winter village and, as it’s on until 5 September, are planning to head back for another skate soon.
I’ll also be heading back for a kid-free evening to enjoy a private igloo with friends. The private igloos can be booked for 1 hour 45 min sessions for groups of 2-8 people, from $49 per person, and include comfy chairs, fairy lights and a sharing feast.
Image credit: Winter Village website
The winter village is open 7 days a week and is located at 92 Roe Street, Northbridge.
For more information visit thewintervillage.com.au/perth
- Big4 Emu Beach Holiday Park, Albany - October 7, 2021
- Bop Till You Drop Disco Party - September 2, 2021
- Winter Village Perth - June 15, 2021
- Lancelin Holiday Park - June 3, 2021
- Two Birds Fromagerie, Swan Valley - December 16, 2020
- Perth Mess Hall, Perth - November 26, 2020
- Ruth Faulkner Library @ Belmont Hub - October 21, 2020
- Giraffe Close Encounters at Perth Zoo - September 1, 2020
- Pasta in the Valley, Swan Valley - August 10, 2020
- Kingsley Tavern - July 25, 2020