Dining in the city has gotten a whole lot more exciting with the opening of Underground at Allendale Square. With plenty of options from breakfast, brunch, lunch or just simply a coffee, you’ll be spoilt for choice!
Upstairs, you have Mary Street Bakery (MSB) which serves both breakfast and lunch. They have freshly baked good such as donuts (the salted caramel donut is tops!), croissants, bread, and pies. Pair your meal up with coffee or a smoothie. MSB is open mon-sat 7am-4pm (3pm on sat).
Cruise on downstairs and you will find a food court style set-up with lots of different cuisines, from Korean, Japanese, Chinese to your regular Sunday roast. There sure is something for everyone.
Our usual go-to stall is Authentic Bites (they have a restaurant along Newcastle street in Northbridge) for their mouth-watering dumplings.
You cannot pass on $6.50 chicken rice from chicken rice corner as well! Chicken rice corner also does noodle dishes.
There’s also Zensaki if you’re in the mood for Japanese or a hearty bowl of Korean bibimbap from Arirang.
After something fresh and healthy, freshii does salad and rolls as well as their very own cold-pressed juices.
Feeling like a Sunday roast, fish and chips, pop over to Lunches down under for your fix.
Mo espresso has got you covered if you’re after coffee with your meal.
There are plenty of seating and pretty spacious for a food court. The couple of times I’ve been there I did manage to park my pram without it being in the way. There really is something for everyone and it’s really is a refreshing addition to the dining scene in the city.
Underground at Allendale Square
77 St George’s Terrace
*note: food court is only open Mon-Fri.
Find more family-friendly restaurants in Perth
Find more things to do in Perth City
- Smiths Beach Resort, Margaret River - November 17, 2020
- Banjup Local - September 24, 2020
- Sprolo, South Perth - September 8, 2020
- Perth Mango Farm - February 5, 2020
- Happy Feet Children’s Footwear, Alfred Cove - September 24, 2019
- Stacked Cafe, Fremantle - March 27, 2019
- The Quarter Acre Hotel, Applecross - February 26, 2019
- May Street Larder, East Fremantle - February 20, 2019
- Someday Coffee Co, Floreat - February 17, 2019
- Steamlab: Coffee and Tea Specialist, Applecross - October 3, 2018