The Wild Fig, located on the beachfront in Scarborough, is the perfect place to visit for breakfast, lunch or dinner whatever time of year! Visit in the summer and enjoy the views over the Indian Ocean, while in Winter you can delight in the warmth of the roaring fire.
The Wild Fig is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner or even just for coffee and cake. The restaurant is deceptively large with plenty of seating options including a small alfresco area with seaviews.
We visited The Wild Fig for a family lunch. The well-priced menu consisting of local and responsibly sourced produce is varied featuring a large selection of quick bites ($9-$18), share boards, all day breakfast ($17 – $24), salads ($19 – $26) and more substantial meals ($17 – $26). Unable to make a choice we opted for the meat Share Board ($50). The board consisted of confit chicken terrine, beef sliders, lamb ribs, smoked chorizo and my absolute favourite – duck pancakes! Yum!
There is a separate menu for kids featuring a platter (ham, cheese, cucumber, carrot, dip & tomato), Cheeseburger & chips, Fish and chips and pasta linguini with pulled lamb, all priced at $10. My children opted for the cheeseburger which came served with chips and a side salad.
If you have a sweet tooth you won’t be able to resist one of the cakes on display!
For those with little ones, good news! A small play area has been set up in a corner of the Wild Fig. Babies and toddlers can sit close by to your table, on the padded mat, where there are plenty of toys (including animals and cars) to keep them entertained for a while.
Don’t forget to sign up to the Wild Club Member program which is free to join! For membership you’ll receive points on purchase as well as a voucher each year for a free meal on your birthday.
The Wild Fig is located at 190 The Esplanade in Scarborough. You can find out more information or have a look at the menu online at www.thewildfig.com.au
Find more family-friendly restaurants in Perth
- Zero Latency, Perth - January 14, 2021
- What to do on a Day Trip to Rottnest with Kids - January 6, 2021
- Lontara Rottnest - December 9, 2020
- SeaLink Rottnest - December 9, 2020
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - December 2, 2020
- DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront - November 28, 2020
- WA Museum Boola Bardip, Perth - November 23, 2020
- Santa Perth – list of the best places to get Santa Pictures Perth - November 11, 2020
- The Life Boat, Mindarie Marina - November 9, 2020
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids - November 4, 2020