Was a little sad to learn that the naked fig in Swanbourne was closing its door but all is well now because The Shorehouse has taken over that location! The Shorehouse belongs to the same family as The Trustee and Beaufort St Merchant. Situated by the beach and next to a fully fenced playground, the shorehouse makes it the ideal go-to spot for families with (or without) kids. We met up with some friends and headed to the playground and the beach before heading up to the Shorehouse for lunch. As we entered, we noticed that the restaurant was beautifully renovated and the whole place was bright and airy. We loved the new booth seats and my absolute favourite were the bright yellow umbrellas. We did an online booking on their website and when we rocked up, our table was already fully set-up with all 4 highchairs! After a busy morning we were famished! We promptly ordered babycinos and our coffees while we went through the tantalising menu. Drinks arrived shortly after and the kids were very happy with their babycinos. Whilst waiting for the drinks, the kids were given a colouring pack to keep them busy.
kids colouring pack
They had lots of interesting items on the menu and we ordered the silver whiting and blue swimmer crab linguini. When my linguini hit the table I was so hungry that I devoured it even before i could get a picture of it. But believe you me, it was marvellous. I did manage to get a picture of the whiting, which the little ones gave it a big seal of approval.
Silver whiting, potato chips, saltbush, olive oil
Overall, we had such a wonderful time catching up and the kids had a ball. There is a couch section towards the back of the restaurant with a couple of tubs of toys. Perfect spot to sit for a coffee while the little one is busy exploring the toys.
- Five flukes that made Home Alone an all-time family favourite - October 21, 2021
- Formative Learning in the Infant Years - October 7, 2021
- 8 Ways To Teach Your Children To Appreciate And Care For Nature - October 3, 2021
- 9 Essentials For Your Next Outdoor Trip - September 16, 2021
- King Mini Bus Charter - September 12, 2021
- School Holiday Activities Perth 2021 - September 8, 2021
- 5 Crucial Sleep Tips for Mums - September 6, 2021
- How to Spot a Decent Child Care Centre - September 1, 2021
- 8 Best Subscription Boxes For Kids In 2021 - August 27, 2021
- 5 Fun Activities To Keep Your Kids Entertained Indoors - August 16, 2021