If you manage to get some “adult” time a trip to the elusive Restaurant Upstairs Kalbarri is a must! They don’t do kid-friendly, there’s no menu online, they don’t have a website and don’t post often on their Facebook page…..which is why I write this review, because they’re worth it!
Located upstairs in the Kalbarri Shopping Centre the restaurant has al fresco balcony dining overlooking the foreshore, an ideal spot to enjoy the sunset in a romantic setting (without the kids).
The decor is very simple both inside and out but the food is far from simple. This place was packed out and booked up when we went as it’s a locally known gem for great local seafood and desserts
There is a great choice of vegetarian dishes and a specials menu. We chose the crayfish in a super yummy garlic butter sauce and the prawns and scallops in coconut milk with rice. Both were full of flavour and complemented the fish really well.
Desserts are on the specials board and we argued over which two to choose, then decided to have three instead.
Each was presented beautifully and tasted just as divine
We love finding little gems such as the Restaurant Upstairs, so don’t be discouraged by their lack of social media presence and book a visit.
- The Park Floreat – family dining - July 28, 2022
- Mandalay Holiday Resort & Tourist Park, Busselton - October 15, 2019
- Margaret River Bakery - May 16, 2019
- Giants Cave - May 15, 2019
- Yallingup Gugelhupf Bakery - April 27, 2019
- Blackwood River Houseboats - January 22, 2019
- Dolphin Discovery Centre, Bunbury - January 14, 2019
- Forest Adventures South West - January 8, 2019
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018