Margaret River Chocolate Factory – I think almost everyone loves the Margaret River chocolate factory. We have visited pretty much every time we have gone down south and have been going for years. There is lots of parking at the front of the ‘factory’ but it can still get a little busy at peak times such as Easter.
The factory is a very large chocolate shop with a café and viewing window where you can watch the chocolate being made. There is even a platform for the kiddies to stand on so they can see it too.
Sometimes there is a lot going on through the window but sometimes there isn’t, so it is luck of the draw. We have been lucky most times though.
You can have a free sample of chocolate buttons/pastilles in white, milk and dark flavours at the counter but watch out that your little ones don’t try to eat the dropped ones off the floor as mine always try on every visit!
The café is at the far end of the building and there are tables and chairs inside and out. They do a selection of hot and cold drinks (a good choice of hot chocolate!), lunches (including daily specials) and ice-creams. We usually stop for a coffee/hot chocolate/babycino.
The outdoor area is great for the kiddies. There are tables and chairs under cover along the length of the building so you can sit outside even when it is wet (bring a coat/jumper if it is cold).
There is lots of grass to run around on and sometimes there are some logs under the trees to climb on. Do watch out if the logs are wet though as they do get very slippery. They seem to come and go as they have not been there on every visit. The kiddies love running off the sugar on the grass regardless.
We all really love going to the chocolate factory. The chocolate is really really good and we all love the sampling. We always buy some to take back to our holiday house too and they have a big range of chocolate gifts including body products and some non-chocolate foods from Providore fine foods, which is a couple of minutes drive away.
(note: the above photo is of my rocky road Easter Egg and was not taken at the factory)
- Cullen Winery, Margaret River - February 18, 2018
- Brewhouse Margaret River - March 30, 2016
- Bold Park Aquatic Centre, City Beach - December 2, 2015
- The Margaret River Chocolate Factory & Cafe, Margaret River - April 28, 2015
- Margaret River Farmers’ Market, Margaret River - April 8, 2015
- Bootleg Brewery, Margaret River Region - April 3, 2015
- Cowaramup Brewing Company, Margaret River Region - April 3, 2015
- Colonial Brewery, Margaret River - April 1, 2015
- V Burger Floreat Forum Shopping Centre - April 1, 2015
- Geordie’s Cafe and Art Gallery Rottnest - February 10, 2015