The Laughin Barrel is a beautiful and scenic drive into the Swan Valley brings you to this fantastic family friendly restaurant and winery, suitable for kids of all ages. A wonderful fenced playground with swings, slide and a climbing fort to keep kids busy!
There was also a basket ball hoop, and baby and toddler toys set out on a picnic blanket in the shade. Simple but what a great idea!!
Ensure you book a table and a high chair (if needed) to secure an outside table. Some are shaded by the trees and they did have a few sun umbrellas for the bench tables but not for all.
It is a fantastic veranda area perfect for large parties and to watch the kids run around the vineyard.
Inside The Laughin’ Barrel restaurant is airy with the doors opening out onto the vineyard we visited in September and the fans were on as well. I suspect it would get very hot inside during the height of summer.
We chose from the specials menu, but there was plenty of choice on offer on the main menu. Service was extremely efficient, although the restaurant was relatively empty. The BBQ Ribs and chips were on special, and my husband failed to eat them so we asked for a carryout and they were more than accommodating and fed the kids for dinner that evening.
Kids meals offer a great variety and some healthy choices at a good price. The kids had fish and chips each and ate the whole plate so a good portion size for a 4year old and 2 year old. The fish was divine, light and fluffy.
I had a prawn and avocado salad which was a good size with a lovely dressing, and it was delicious!
Sat – Sun:10:00-17:00
Find more family friendly restaurants
Find more things to do in the Swan Valley
- Mandalay Holiday Resort & Tourist Park, Busselton - October 15, 2019
- School Holidays WA 2019 - August 19, 2019
- Margaret River Bakery - May 16, 2019
- Giants Cave - May 15, 2019
- Yallingup Gugelhupf Bakery - April 27, 2019
- Blackwood River Houseboats - January 22, 2019
- Dolphin Discovery Centre, Bunbury - January 14, 2019
- Forest Adventures South West - January 8, 2019
- What’s on this week for families in Perth - November 30, 2018
- Public Holidays WA - November 21, 2018