A friend of mine has been talking about the Jaffles at the Jaffle Shack in Geraldton for years. So when we recently travelled up North to Kalbarri we decided it was a great place to go for some lunch half-way through our journey.
This is a great stop off point if you’re travelling up North to Kalbarri, Coral Bay, Monkey Mia or Exmouth with the kids.
Now we got totally confused as there are actually TWO Jaffle Shacks in Geraldton, one is nearer the Water Park Playground on the foreshore and has alfresco seating. The other is on Marine Terrace near to the super playground on the other side of the foreshore and offer seating options inside and a few alfresco options.
So Jaffles are the Australian version of a toasted sandwich, being British I had no idea!!
The Jaffle Shack(s) are open for breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon tea and offer a HUGE range of savoury and sweet fillings along with an assortment of hot and cold drinks. Their range includes plenty of vegetarian and gluten-free options as well.
I didn’t realise that my husband was a toasted sandwich connoisseur and ended up having the full monty Brekky which included a tasty pesto sauce.
Totally yummy and gooey when the cheese and mushrooms melted into the pesto.
The kids chose vegemite & cheese and peanut butter & jam which both went down exceptionally well.
We had to wait about 20 minutes for the Jaffles so the kids exhausted themselves in the playground and we got to carry on our journey while the kids enjoyed their Jaffles.
Jaffle Shack Geraldton
188 Marine Terrace, Geraldton WA 6530
- Mandalay Holiday Resort & Tourist Park, Busselton - October 15, 2019
- Margaret River Bakery - May 16, 2019
- Giants Cave - May 15, 2019
- Yallingup Gugelhupf Bakery - April 27, 2019
- Blackwood River Houseboats - January 22, 2019
- Dolphin Discovery Centre, Bunbury - January 14, 2019
- Forest Adventures South West - January 8, 2019
- Club Med Malaysia – Cherating Beach - November 19, 2018
- Guilderton Caravan Park WA - November 18, 2018
- Kalbarri National Park Z-Bend River Trail Lookout and Walk - October 30, 2018