The Cheese Barrel has closed its doors.
The Cheese Barrel in the Swan Valley is a must visit if you a cheese fan! Located in the Swan Valley their aim is to ‘provide high quality ‘benchmark’, farmhouse and artisanal cheeses from around the world, paired with locally produced Olive Farm Wines and enjoyed on our outdoor deck area with sweeping views of the Susannah Brook’.
The Cheese Barrel’s cheese cabinet features many kinds of cheese from around the world including France, Spain, Italy, England, Ireland, USA, and Australia. Unfortunately, they are not able to offer any tastings so if you want to try before you buy you are best heading there for a spot of lunch and enjoy one of their cheese platters.
You can opt to order one of their pre-set regional cheese boards such as the ‘Australia’ and ‘France or put together your own. The staff are very friendly and helpful in recommending cheeses that you may enjoy.
We decided to go along with the DIY option and choose the 3 cheese Ultra-Premium Board ($40) which comes accompanied with fresh bread, Lavosh, seasonal fruit and fruit paste. We also added on some additional leg ham ($4) salami ($4) and sweet onion jam ($3). We found the board to be sufficient for two people to share.
The Cheese Barrel is very family friendly. There are two large sandpits that are covered by shade sails and plenty of grassy space to run about on.
You can opt to enjoy your platter in the fully covered lower dining area which is right next to the sandpit. I noticed plenty of high chairs available in this area.
Or if you have older children you can take a pew on the balcony where you can keep a watchful eye on the kids from above.
There is a small kids menu which includes Cheese and Crackers ($5), Toasted cheese sandwich ($5.50) and a ham and cheese croissant ($6.50 Sat and Sun only).
We really enjoyed our time at The Cheese Barrel, sat on the deck sampling the cheeses while watching our kids have fun in the sandpit below. We’ll definitely be back!
Find more family friendly restaurants
Find more things to do in the Swan Valley
- Eagle Falls Spur, Wanneroo - October 23, 2020
- Aloft Perth Review - October 15, 2020
- Kids Halloween Party Food - October 14, 2020
- PowerPlay Perth, Joondalup - September 29, 2020
- Swan Valley Adventure Centre School Holiday Program - September 16, 2020
- The Cat Cafe Perth Birthday Party - August 27, 2020
- Book Week 2020 Costume Ideas - August 16, 2020
- Bullsbrook Strawberry Farm, Strawberry Picking Perth - August 12, 2020
- Golden Grove Orchard, Chittering Valley - July 27, 2020
- Stringybark Winery, Chittering - July 26, 2020