Stickybeaks Cafe is a great family cafe for breakfast or lunch. It is located in the Ivey Watson Playground, so there is plenty to keep kids entertained.
We went recently on a Saturday morning for brunch after a play at the playground. There is seating inside the cafe but the majority of the seating is outside under the alfresco.
In the undercover area is a small enclosed playpen which is great if you have little crawlers who don’t like to sit still.
There are also a few colourful picnic style tables close to a small toddler play area so you can sit while your children play. High chairs are available.
The breakfast menu was quite impressive and includes a couple kids options – pancakes or kids brekkie (toast with a choice of 2 items out of egg, bacon, tomato, mushroom, sausage, hash brown or beans). The lunch menu had the usual choices of sandwiches, rolls, hot chips and burgers. The kid’s menu options are nuggets and chips or fish and chips. The cabinets inside offered a further selection of wraps, quiches, salads and yummy looking cakes and muffins. There are also a few daily specials listed on the board.
You order at the counter and are given a buzzer when your food is ready you go and in to collect it. We ordered pancakes, ham and cheese croissant and soft poached eggs. Our meals were ready quite quickly and all were given the thumbs up.
The seats at the front of the cafe give a view of the main climbing play equipment but the playground is large and has several different play areas so keep a close eye on your little ones so you don’t lose track of them. The playground is fenced with the entrance gate at the front of Cafe.
You can also order take away and use one of the grassy areas nearby to throw down a rug and have a picnic or simply get a takeaway coffee to drink while you follow the kids around the playground. Whatever you chose it’s a great place for families.
8am – 4pm Monday to Friday
8am – 5pm Saturday and Sunday
10 Kulunga Grove, Kings Park
- Wave Rock Resort – Cottages - November 17, 2020
- Mandurah Cruises Christmas Lights Cruise - November 4, 2020
- Denmark Tavern - October 23, 2020
- Lucieville Farmstay – Bridgetown - October 23, 2020
- Denmark Animal Farm and Pentland Alpaca Stud - October 21, 2020
- The Sebel Mandurah - July 13, 2020
- Discovery Rottnest Island - May 26, 2020
- City View Cafe at Optus Stadium - February 20, 2020
- Bilgoman Swimming Pool, Darlington - December 20, 2019
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - December 19, 2019