Sculpture at Bathers – Featuring home-grown Western Australia artistic talents, Sculpture at Bathers is on from the 25th Feb – 12th March 2017 at the stunning Bathers Beach, Fremantle. Over 80 West Australian sculptors masterpieces are on display. This is the first year that we’ve gone to it and I was blown away by all the impressive art-work. With the port and ocean set as the backdrop, theres no better place to hold this year’s Sculpture at Bathers.
Sculpture by Bathers
When we got there, there were volunteers handing out the guide book for a gold coin donation. Inside the booklet, there are information regarding the name of the sculptures and artists, the materials used as well as a map of where all the sculptures are located. The little one was very excited to follow the numbers and search for all the sculpture on the map. It is a great way to get the kids interested and involved.
Reading more about the sculpture in the information booklet
There were so many wonderful sculptures it is impossible to pick a favourite. Some of them are also located inside the Kidogo Arthouse.
One of my favourite initiative that Sculpture at Bathers have come up with was the part where kids can get involved in creating their own sculpture. They are provided with all sorts of different material to create their own masterpiece. Ranging from playdoh, pipe-cleaners, pop sticks, plastic shapes to natural materials such as leaves, sticks and gumnuts. Kids can just let their imagination run wild! After creating their very own sculpture, they can send a photo of it to email@example.com where they stand to win Lego prizes. This segment is held every weekend from about 9.30am – 12pm (do check their website and Facebook page for more details).
Making his very own sculpture
Do go check out Sculpture at Bathers and support our very own local talents before it all ends on the 12th March 2017.
Sculpture at Bathers
Bathers Beach Arts Precinct and Kidogo Arthouse, Fremantle
25th Feb – 12th March 2017
- Perth Mango Farm - February 5, 2021
- Smiths Beach Resort, Margaret River - November 17, 2020
- Banjup Local - September 24, 2020
- Sprolo, South Perth - September 8, 2020
- Happy Feet Children’s Footwear, Alfred Cove - September 24, 2019
- Stacked Cafe, Fremantle - March 27, 2019
- The Quarter Acre Hotel, Applecross - February 26, 2019
- May Street Larder, East Fremantle - February 20, 2019
- Someday Coffee Co, Floreat - February 17, 2019
- Steamlab: Coffee and Tea Specialist, Applecross - October 3, 2018