Looking for a great winery and restaurant combo? Visit Hay Shed Hill next time you’re in the Margaret River region. Found just up the road from the Margaret River Chocolate Factory, Hay Shed Hill has excellent wines, and a top notch restaurant, Rustico.
The staff at the Hay Shed Hill cellar door have that famous Margaret River hospitality. We stopped by for a tasting before lunch. Their rose and SBS had to be my favourites. At the cellar door you’ll also find a small art gallery, as well as a range of great local produce and wine-themed giftware. You’re sure to meet their famous wine dog too, the beautiful labrador Becky.
At Rustico at Hay Shed Hill (the sister restaurant of the popular Rustico in Rockingham) you can either dine al fresco on the covered deck or inside.
Children are welcome, with a kids menu and high chairs available. Kids can enjoy a slightly Spanish twist on a normal children’s menu.
For those with a gluten intolerance, a good 70-80% of the menu items are gluten-free. We ordered a feast of dishes to share, from crisp croquettes ($16) filled with gooey cheese and sweetcorn, to creamy fried goat’s cheese ($18) perfect with a sip of vino.
We had to order a bit of pork belly, and the lamb scotch fillet with deliciously smoked eggplant. Duck tacos ($24) with charred pineapple salsa and avocado were tasty, perfectly cooked broccolini ($16) sautéed with confit garlic gave us our veggie fix. And no Spanish feast is complete without PATATAS BRAVAS ($12), super crisp spuds, cooked in Spanish spices and served with a chipotle aioli for even more kick. What a feast!
Little Chef really enjoyed his kids meal of pizza and a bowl of crunchy patatas bravas.
Little Chef also recieved a mini ice cream cone after his lunch too.
There’s plenty of grass for kids to run about on and there’s a box full of lawn games, balls and a few toys to keep them busy.
The food, wine and service at Rustico at Hay Shed Hill are sensational. We’ll definitely be heading back there again.
Find Rustico at Hay Shed Hill at 511 Harmans Mill Road, Wilyabrup WA.
Find more family-friendly things to see, eat and do in Margaret River here.
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - March 25, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Playgrounds with Sporting Facilities in Perth - March 4, 2020
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - March 4, 2020
- The Ultimate Kid-Friendly Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - March 3, 2020
- Stadium Café, Lathlain - February 29, 2020