I’m loving all the new artisan ice cream place popping up all over Perth! I especially love how it’s not a franchise but a local Western Australian baby! Supporting local all the way. Roho Bure is a vegan ice cream, shakes and cakes dessert place located in South Fremantle. Only the best organic and natural ingredients go into making their ice cream. No artificial colours or flavourings. Best of all, all their ice cream only contains between 10-14% natural sugars, less than half that of normal ice cream.
I have to admit I was a little sceptical about vegan ice cream. It’s like taking the cream, out of ice cream. As I am currently trying to reduce my dairy intake, but at the same time not willing to sacrifice my love for ice cream, I gave it a shot. But oh boy oh boy how I am now fully transformed! One taste and I was like ‘how can vegan ice cream taste this good??’ It’s almost or could I safely say, better than normal ice cream! You can taste every single flavour in it without being overpowered by sweetness. Guilt-free ice cream!
Their menu is ever-changing so you have to follow them on Facebook or Instagram for their weekly specials. So far, I have tried their Salted maple peanut, coconut vanilla, black sesame and strawberry, salted tahini chocolate and coconut caramel with quinoa brittle. They’re all simply magnificent. Add some warm caramel and chocolate sauce and you’re in heaven. They also make their own ice cream ‘toppings’ such as peanut butter brownie, caramel slice and popcorn clusters.
Roho Bure is especially great for kids (or adults alike) who are allergic or sensitive to dairy. With the summer months approaching, make Roho Bure your next ice cream destination.
322A South Terrace, South Fremantle
Thursday – Sunday 11.30am – 10.00pm.
Find more family-friendly restaurants in Perth
- Perth Mango Farm - February 5, 2020
- Happy Feet Children’s Footwear, Alfred Cove - September 24, 2019
- Stacked Cafe, Fremantle - March 27, 2019
- The Quarter Acre Hotel, Applecross - February 26, 2019
- May Street Larder, East Fremantle - February 20, 2019
- Someday Coffee Co, Floreat - February 17, 2019
- Steamlab: Coffee and Tea Specialist, Applecross - October 3, 2018
- Lena Strawberry Farm, Anketell - September 1, 2018
- Incredibles 2 Immersive Zone, Karrinyup Shopping Centre - July 9, 2018
- LEGO Play Zone, Claremont Quarter - July 3, 2018