Just behind the WA Museum Boola Bardip, in Francis Street, you will find Perth Mess Hall, a large beautiful, heritage-listed building that was once used as a space for former officers to commune and dine. Today, Perth Mess Hall boasts a fully serviced bar, with pool tables and games available, and a fully licensed outdoor courtyard area.
Perth Mess Hall is a great venue to visit at any time but over weekends of 21-22 and 28-29 November it is transformed into a family-friendly urban beer garden for its Museum Social Street Event.
We visited last weekend, after our trip to the Museum, and had the best time. There is plenty of space for the kids to run around, with drawing tables and toys and games set up, as well as free entertainment all weekend.
We were lucky enough to visit while Perth Party Time kid’s entertainment was providing the entertainment! The kids didn’t want to leave! There were bubbles, face painting, magic shows, games and lots of crazy silliness!
If you’re in the city with the kids over the weekend for 28-29 I would definitely recommend you pop into Perth Mess Hall – you’ll find the kids entertainment between 2.30pm and 4.30pm on both Saturday and Sunday.
Perth Mess Hall
8 Francis Street Perth
- Winter Village Perth - June 15, 2021
- Lancelin Holiday Park - June 3, 2021
- Two Birds Fromagerie, Swan Valley - December 16, 2020
- Perth Mess Hall, Perth - November 26, 2020
- Ruth Faulkner Library @ Belmont Hub - October 21, 2020
- Giraffe Close Encounters at Perth Zoo - September 1, 2020
- Pasta in the Valley, Swan Valley - August 10, 2020
- Kingsley Tavern - July 25, 2020
- The Cat Cafe, Subiaco - July 22, 2020
- Victoria Park Hotel, Vic Park - March 9, 2020