What’s on in Perth today?
Discover a variety of events in Perth for families with kids of all ages, including free and low-cost options. From family shows to farmers markets, local community events to Perth City events, and even events at your local library – find everything you need to keep your family entertained and never hear the dreaded words “I’m bored” again!
To enquire about our event advertising starting from $99+GST
- This event has passed.
January 10 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Family friendly and free to attend, pack your picnic blanket and tune into the rhythms of summer.
Melville Summer Music returns, pack your picnic and get down to your local park for sun-drenched evenings with world class musical performances that surprise, captivate and enchant.
Kicking off February’s concerts is the powerful vocals and evocative song writing of local favourite ThornBird. After 30 years of singing and touring as one-third of ‘The Waifs’, Vikki Thorn (aka ThornBird) returns home to find her voice in the wild places of WA.
A dynamic and passionate performer who has sung with the likes of Bob Dylan, Levon Helm, Paul Kelly, John Butler, and Missy Higgins, ThornBird will play her solo material exploring themes of home and connection to place. Weaving country and blues and unique blues harp playing, join Thorn as she indulges her love of the old R&B singing style, warming us like a morning cuppa as she shares songs and stories of the humour and heartbreak of life.
- Arrive from 4.30pm to set up your picnic blanket. Folding chairs are welcome – please allow space for people with picnic blankets to set up in front, so everyone can enjoy the view.
- Food providers to be announced.
- Bring your own reusable plates and cups as we try to reduce waste at our events.
- Walk, ride, bus or ride share to the event.
- Free parking will be available at John Creaney Park, entry from Francisco Crescent.
- ThornBird will be on at 5.00pm, playing a double set with a short break, the event is set to finish at 7.00pm