What’s on in Perth today?
Find City of Perth Events, local community events, free and low-cost events for families with kids of all ages. You find listed – family shows, free events in Perth, local community events, fairs, farmers markets, Perth City events, even events at your local library. Be the first to know what’s on in Perth and never hear the words “I’m bored” again!
Event Listings – If your event is free and you’re not paying to advertise anywhere else you can upload your event here. (Events need to be admin approved before they appear in the Events Calendar). To enquire about our event promotion packages email firstname.lastname@example.org
Play ‘n Discover
August 23 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us for a range of fun, guided activities for young children and their carers that support early childhood development through play.
- Book your ticket
- Arrive at your library
- Be welcomed into the Play ‘n Learn session.
- Share play activities with your child.
- Share songs and learning together as a group.
- Pack-up together and say goodbyes.
- Continue to Play ‘n Learn at home
Play and explore the world around you!
In this session, you and your child will have the opportunity to engage in a range of activities to learn about their social and physical environment:
- Creation and exploration of play town and world map.
- Describing natural materials in discovery tray activities.
- Learning about our environment, cultures and abilities.
Children are discovering new things every day through play, they learn about the world around them, how things work and what makes them feel safe and secure.
Explore the Play ‘n Learn book collection here
To help us keep you and our community safe:
- bookings are essential
- limited places are available. Due to this, daycare/family daycare and childcare groups are asked to hold off on attending
- physical distancing and hygiene measures will be in place
Ideally, sessions are best with one on one interactions between parent/caregiver and their child. This enables participants to gain the most from the experience. Where possible alternative child care for siblings is recommended however not essential.
Learn more at canning.wa.gov.au/play-learn