What’s on in Perth today?
Discover a variety of events in Perth for families with kids of all ages, including free and low-cost options. From family shows to farmers markets, local community events to Perth City events, and even events at your local library – find everything you need to keep your family entertained and never hear the dreaded words “I’m bored” again!
To enquire about our event advertising starting from $99+GST
- This event has passed.
Hamilton Hillbillies vs Bluegrass Parkway
January 27 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Family friendly and free to attend, pack your picnic blanket and tune into the rhythms of summer.
Melville Summer Music returns, pack your picnic and get down to your local park for sun-drenched evenings with world class musical performances that surprise, captivate and enchant.
Back by popular demand for a second installment, don’t miss the Hamilton Hillbillies, known for their hard-driving bluegrass sound. Bluegrass pioneers Jim Fisher and Ian Simpson are often regarded as introducing Australia to the genre when they burst onto the live scene in the 70’s. From there, a 40-plus-year legacy of red-hot live bluegrass has followed.
For an extra dose of fun, Australia’s favourite bluegrass band, Bluegrass Parkway, will be joining too, entertaining you all with the magic of the golden years of bluegrass and thrilling you with great picking, solid harmonies and fancy footwork!
- Arrive from 4.30pm to set up your picnic blanket. Folding chairs are welcome – please allow space for people with picnic blankets to set up in front, so everyone can enjoy the view.
- Food providers to be announced.
- Bring your own reusable plates and cups as we try to reduce waste at our events.
- Walk, ride, bus or ride share to the event.
- Free parking will be available on Piney Lakes Reserve, access via the Piney Lakes car park off Murdoch Drive.
- Bluegrass Parkway will be on at 5.00pm and The Hamilton Hillbillies will take to the stage at 6.00pm. There’s the chance of an unmissable bluegrass jam towards the end of the headliner set – not to be missed!