What's on in Perth today?
Find City of Perth Events, local community events, free and low-cost events for families with kids of all ages. You find listed – family shows, free events in Perth, local community events, fairs, farmers markets, Perth City events, even events at your local library. Be the first to know what's on in Perth and never hear the words “I'm bored” again!
If you are looking for fun things to do this Christmas visit our Christmas in Perth page.
Event Listings – If your event is free and you're not paying to advertise anywhere else you can upload your event here. (Events need to be admin approved before they appear in the Events Calendar). To enquire about our event promotion packages email email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Disrupted Festival of Ideas
November 7 @ 10:00 am - 9:30 pmFree
A whole day of FREE activities for everyone in the family. Talks (Stan Grant is the keynote), free creative children’s activities, an amazing sound and light projection on the façade of the State Library, new art exhibitions and free tours, and the Disrupted super band playing a set of all Western Australian hits.
A whole day of FREE great talks, fun and entertainment for all the family
For details and the latest program visit https://disrupted.slwa.wa.gov.au/ or call the Disrupted team at the State Library on 9427 3153
During the day there will be a whole suite of great free kids activities
For mini disrupters and their families there’s plenty of fun to be had from joining a community art project and penning a postcard for a senior citizen to going with the flow in a tai chi class and designing a city for the future. Contribute, create, play, share and imagine a better world. It’s all free with no bookings required.
A whole day of talks starting at 10 am with a keynote by Stan Grant.
All the talks will be for an hour and will be either on the big stage outside in the Perth Cultural Centre or on the First Floor of the State Library of Western Australia. Speakers and topics include:
- Stan Grant on a Better World
- Griffin Longley on reconnecting the family with nature
- The Holy Heretics team on religious activism
- What is ‘cancel culture’?
- Ending homelessness
- What the US election results will mean for us?
- Technology and the future of sport – Minderoo Tech and Policy Lab
- To change the World, start with investing in a girl – moderated by Kate Walsh (Grey’s Anatomy), with Grace Forrest and the Minderoo Walk Free team
- Climate, Covid and the City – Five architects talk.
- Art and Better World
Get a bit of culture into you – join free guided tours of the Art Gallery of WA and visit new exhibitions at the Perth Institute of Contemporary Art (PICA) and the State Library of Western Australia.
Starting at around 19:00
- Virtual fireside yarn with Ron Bradfield Junior
- As the lights go down an amazing sound and light projection on the façade of the State Library
- At around 8:30 a WA super band play an hour of all Western Australian hits from Johnny Young, Dave Warner, The Eurogliders through to Eskimo Joe and Tame Impala
Hat/sunglasses/ sunscreen/ water
Saturday November 7 @ 10AM to 9:30 PM
Perth Cultural Centre
Everything is free but to be COVID safe we encourage you to register online through our website and when you arrive make sure you utilise the hand sanitisers and take heed of directions from our friendly COVID marshals.