Showing at WA Maritime Museum this school holiday is Ningaloo, a stunning natural history documentary screened in an immersive 180-degree dome which takes you on an underwater tour of one of Western Australia’s greatest natural wonders.
The film follows marine scientist, Anna Cresswell, aboard the mini-submarine Odyssea, as it embarks on a daring voyage into the labyrinth of Western Australia’s iconic Ningaloo Reef. Her mission is to witness the annual, synchronised mass coral spawning and the interconnected arrival of the biggest population of whale sharks.
The film is stunningly shot and watching it in the 180-degree dome makes you feel as though you are swimming along the reef itself. It’s a fascinating documentary and it makes you realise how lucky we are to have this natural wonder in our very own backyard! It’s definitely placed Ningaloo Reef on my must-see places to visit.
There are several screenings a day and you can choose from a 25-minute experience or a 45-minute full-length feature. I would recommend the shorter session for younger viewers and would say that the film would suit children ages 6+ years.
Tickets are selling fast and I would advise you to book online ahead of your visit to the museum in order to avoid disappointment. Ticket holders are to arrive 10 minutes prior to the start time so they can be seated before the film begins.
Prams cannot be taken inside the Ningaloo Dome but can be parked just outside.
|Ticket Type||25min Experience Only||25min Experience + Museum Entry||45min Experience Only||45min Experience + Museum Entry|
To find out more and to book your tickets visit museum.wa.gov.au/museums/wa-maritime-museum/ningaloo-dome-experience
Find more school holiday activities
- Swan Valley Adventure Centre School Holiday Program - March 16, 2020
- Little Herberts, Wembley - January 22, 2020
- Bathers Beach House, Fremantle - December 11, 2019
- Charter 1 Sailing, Fremantle - November 20, 2019
- Old Wild West, Hillarys - November 7, 2019
- Ivy & Jack, Perth City - October 4, 2019
- Pixar Putt Perth - October 3, 2019
- Why Should Men In Perth Start Using Beauty Subscription Boxes - September 16, 2019
- Key Tips On Finding Great Product Deals For Parents - September 13, 2019
- Kien Strawberry Farm - August 19, 2019