My Hungry Bear Cafe is a trendy family friendly café located in the Lukin Shopping Centre in Butler. Having only opened in early March it is already very popular with the locals and it is easy to see why!
We visited on a Saturday morning after Auskick for a late breakfast, we ordered the Papa Bear Big Breakfast – talk about value for money, the serving a was BIG and it tasted as good as it looked. The kids enjoyed the ham and cheese toasted croissant.
I’ve heard the coffee is AMAZING! But feeling like something a little sweeter I ordered a hot chocolate, it was one of the best, if not the best hot chocolate I’ve ever had. The kids loved their chocolate milkshakes! Owner Rie Moustakas who has won and judged barista competitions personally trains all barista staff. Although the staff were super busy, they were extremely friendly and very welcoming.
We couldn’t leave without trying a couple of their delicious looking muffins, we ordered a popcorn chocolate muffin and a Wendy’s signature melting mud cake muffin – they were to die for!
The kids corner is a huge hit with the kids, plenty of toys for all ages, a TV, colouring in and a small round table with four chairs. My children only came back to our table to eat.
Open Monday to Friday 7am – 3pm, Saturday & Sunday 8am – 3pm, closed public holidays. Serving Breakfast until 11am. Lunch menu from 11.30, lunch specials for under $10.
A good range of ice cream, perfect for a little treat after shopping. Catering and private functions available, contact the staff directly for more information. Coffee beans, tea, and mugs available to purchase. They also have a loyalty card, buy 9 coffees and get your 10th free.
Lukin Shopping Centre Shop 10, 2 Captiva Approach, Butler
- Toodyay Fairytale Farm - March 5, 2020
- Padbury Pickings, Herne Hill - February 13, 2020
- Studio 64 Group, South Perth - February 5, 2020
- Fringe World Festival – Fringe Kids - January 21, 2020
- Croc’s Playcentre, Joondalup - January 19, 2020
- Dinosaurs Come Alive, Fremantle - January 15, 2020
- City Splash, Elizabeth Quay - January 9, 2020
- Yanchep Lavender, Carabooda - December 30, 2019
- The Amberton Beach Bar and Kitchen, Eglinton - December 27, 2019
- The Big Wedgie, South Perth - December 24, 2019