Make it rain these school holidays! In Carillon City there is an entirely white room where everyone is invited to participate in creating the “make it rain” artwork which is based on the artwork “obliteration” by Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama.
When we arrived we were able to help ourselves to some sheets of stickers and told to place them all over the room.
The room is great and much bigger than I imagined – there are different sections and furnishings from a kids cubby house to garden gates to plants to clothes hanging on a washing line, this added an extra level of fun as the kids were busy exploring all the corners of the room as well as sticking the stickers everywhere.
This was a really fun activity that the kids thoroughly enjoyed. A must do if in the city for Winterfest. You can enjoy sticking and helping create the artwork daily through the school holidays, until 15 July, from 10am to 2pm. The installation will the continue to be on display until 29 July.
The white room can be found within Carillon City, entering from Hay Street mall, opposite Cotton On.
For more information visit www.carilloncity.com.au/whats-on
Find more school holiday activities
- Two Birds Fromagerie, Swan Valley - December 16, 2020
- Perth Mess Hall, Perth - November 26, 2020
- Ruth Faulkner Library @ Belmont Hub - October 21, 2020
- Giraffe Close Encounters at Perth Zoo - September 1, 2020
- Pasta in the Valley, Swan Valley - August 10, 2020
- Kingsley Tavern - July 25, 2020
- The Cat Cafe, Subiaco - July 22, 2020
- Victoria Park Hotel, Vic Park - March 9, 2020
- Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre - November 2, 2019
- Ponies For Any Occasion - September 4, 2019