Knowing my 2.5 year old was quickly outgrowing his little plastic ride-on tricycle but is not yet ready for the complex task of learning to ride a bike, I jumped at the opportunity to review the Little Nation balance bike!
Essentially a balance bike is a child-sized bike without pedals. It is the easiest way to teach your child how to ride a bike on two wheels. Once your child has learnt how to balance, they’ll soon be able to progress to a regular bike without the need for training wheels.
Archer’s Little Nation balance bike arrived via courier shortly after the order was placed, in a small, lightweight box – I thought no way we could build a bike from whatever was inside. Hubby pulled out all the pieces, read the instructions and started to assemble the balance bike, which took no time at all, even with an overly keen toddler ready to go!
Once assembled, Archer jumped on with no hesitation. It took him a few days to discover the art lifting his feet to balance, he hasn’t quite mastered it yet but I love watching his confidence grow with every single ride. The balance bike is so lightweight, it is easy for him to maneuver and even after a couple of little falls he isn’t too scared to get back on and try again (the bike isn’t scratched up either). I also love the fact the balance bike is closer to the ground than regular bikes meaning when little ones do have a tumble… they don’t fall far.
The Little Nation balance bike is suitable for children aged 18 months to 5 years and is available in 9 different colours, Archer has the green, which suits his personality to a tee! The balance bike is so convenient, the lightweight compact design makes it easy to transport in the car or carry home if your child has had enough of riding, the wheels are also maintenance free and never need pumping up.
Little Nation balance bikes are available online, the online ordering system couldn’t be easier, payment options include credit card, Paypal and Afterpay
We couldn’t be happier with the Little Nation balance bike. What a great way for kids to learn how to ride a bike!
Kellie was gifted a Little Nation balance bike to try for this review however all opinions are her own.
- Kwillena Gabi Pool, Mandurah - January 13, 2022
- Mandurah Cruises – Kids Cruise FREE - January 5, 2022
- Sunset Coast Explorer - December 22, 2021
- Coolzy Personal Air Conditioner - December 16, 2021
- Festive Land at Perth Cultural Centre, 10 Dec – 9 Jan - December 11, 2021
- The Magic of Christmas at Wanneroo Botanic Gardens - December 8, 2021
- Alinta Energy Christmas Pageant 2021 - December 2, 2021
- 50 Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 29, 2021
- The City of Perth Christmas Lights Trail - November 20, 2021
- Myer Santaland, Perth - November 9, 2021