If you are in the Pemberton area then a great place to enjoy lunch with the kids is the Hidden River Estate. The Winery and Cafe is situated at Mullineaux Road, Pemberton and is open Wednesday to Sunday 9 am to 4ish.
The grounds at Hidden River Estate are something special. Every child will love eating their meal in the old tram carriage that has been converted into a dining area and adjoins the winery.
Not only that but there is a fabulous grassy playground complete with swings, cubbies, a slide and huge tractor tyres to climb!
The playground is situated right next to the tram carriage so you are able to keep a watchful eye on your children at all times while you dine.
The cafe offers a large, well-priced kids menu with a selection of sandwiches to more substantial meals including pizza, sausage rolls, wedges, chicken tenderloins, pasta at reasonable prices. Their dessert menu sounded divine too-ice cream, chocolate ganache with a raspberry coulis! Yummo!
There is a small but substantial choice of starters and mains that definitely won’t disappoint!
If you are not the designated driver then make sure you try out their wines. A tasting session is free if you are dining in the cafe. The 2007 Shirazamataz went down very well and we had to indulge in a bottle!
We spent a very relaxing lunch time at Hidden River Winery and the kids had an absolute ball on the playground. We’ll definitely be returning when we next play a visit to Pemberton.
- Uptown Pizza, Joondalup - May 21, 2022
- FRY’D, Leederville - May 12, 2022
- Bennett Brook Railway, Whiteman Park - April 20, 2022
- Long Neck Brewery Perth - April 20, 2022
- The Climb Zone Bullsbrook - April 8, 2022
- Aloft Perth Review - March 23, 2022
- Cockburn Ice Arena - February 17, 2022
- Fun activities to tick off your list before school starts - January 27, 2022
- Moonlight Cinema, Kings Park - January 23, 2022
- 7 Tips To Find The Right Tutor - January 21, 2022