Whether you’re a busy working family, a brand new parent, or just hate the chore of grocery shopping and meal planning – food box and meal delivery services in Perth can be a lifesaver! The meal boxes are also an ideal gift for someone you know – new parents or people recovering from illness.
The advantages are plentiful…
- No dragging the kids to the shops, and that inevitable pestering for lollies etc.
- All the ingredients are provided, usually all you need to add is a little cooking oil or seasoning.
- The produce is portioned, meaning minimal wastage.
- The meals are a little adventurous, using ingredients and flavours you wouldn’t normally cook – far more exciting than spag bol!
- Food intolerances or special diets are also often catered for, giving gluten free options, as well as vegan, vegetarian and paleo meals.
- Kids will love getting involved – unpacking the box and helping you cook.
On balance, the meal kits can be a little pricey, though many of the services have introductory discounts and they take most of the hard work out, so you can use your time more effectively. See our list of “cook yourself” food box and meal delivery services in Perth here:
You Plate It
Perth small business “You Plate It” have made home cooking enjoyable for the whole family with their tasty, easy to follow recipes and specific “kid Friendly” meals. Order the weekly boxes of fresh local ingredients online, then they are delivered to your door along with recipe cards, to easily prepare delicious meals in your kitchen. Most of the meals can be prepared in 35 minutes or less. Read the Buggybuddys Review here.
Delivery: Perth Metro, from Mandurah to Yanchep.
Dietary options: gluten free, vegetarian and vegan.
Nation-wide Hello Fresh is a very popular choice for meal box delivery. Aussie ingredients are used in their wide range of recipes to choose from. Hello Fresh operates as a subscription service, just order, cook and enjoy! It is a flexible service so you can pause or cancel deliveries at any time. OFFER: Click here to get $50 off your first box.
Delivery: Perth Metro
Dietary options: Naturally Gluten Free, No Pork, No Fish, Low Calorie
My Foodie Box
My Foodie Box deliver weekly boxes of fresh WA produce, along with tastebud tempting recipes, to easily prepare a delicious meal in your kitchen. Another big plus is that the packaging is 100% eco-friendly and reusable. The hardest thing about ordering online is choosing from the 10+ weekly dishes. Read the Buggybuddys Review here.
Delivery: Perth Metro
Dietary options: gluten free, vegetarian, dairy free, low carb, low calorie, and vegan.
This Little Pig Went to Market
Two Perth girls came up This Little Pig Went to Market, which is a delicious gourmet-style foodie box packed with high-quality ingredients from local producers and artisans. This box is best for families with older or adventourous children. Every ingredient is provided pre-portioned (so no waste) all there is to do is chop, mix, cook and EAT!
Delivery: Perth Metro (central area) North to about Hillarys, East to Kalamunda and south to Coogee.
Dietary options: no.
WA Fresh Home Fresh
Grocery delivery company WA Fresh Home Fresh also offers an option of easy to put together meal kits to be delivered to your home. This is a more relaxed ordering process than most, with many meal options which you can order as many or little as you need.
Delivery: Perth Metro
Dietary options: yes.
Have we missed your favourite food box and meal delivery service in Perth? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to treat your family to a meal out? See our guide to Kid friendly Perth restaurants here.
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - March 25, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020
- Kingsway Markets, Madeley - March 11, 2020
- Playgrounds with Sporting Facilities in Perth - March 4, 2020
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - March 4, 2020
- The Ultimate Kid-Friendly Guide to Hillarys Boat Harbour - March 3, 2020
- Stadium Café, Lathlain - February 29, 2020