Attending the ballet can be a wonderful experience for the whole family and gives children the opportunity to immerse themselves in art and culture. Thankfully, West Australian Ballet is there to satisfy creative souls both big and small, with the Company returning to the stage this September for what is sure to be another fun-filled show.
Here are five reasons you’ll want to be in the audience of West Australian Ballet’s family-friendly rendition of the popular comical ballet Coppélia.
- Are your children complaining of being bored? Fear not, for the colourful sets and costumes will enthral and keep them entertained from beginning to end. With the story set in the small South Australian town of Hahndorf, it also plays a part in embracing and sustaining Australia’s unique culture and identity.
- From a life-like doll and an old alchemist to two bickering lovers, the endearing characters are sure to charm their way into the hearts of young and old alike.
- A ballet that is as old and well-loved as Coppélia lends it a specialness and antiquity that deserves appreciation. You’ll also get to witness the talented West Australian Symphony Orchestra bring the music to life in a way where you won’t just hear it, but feel it too!
- If you want to foster your child’s imagination, then taking them to the ballet can help nurture their creativity. Relying solely on pantomime (the technique of conveying emotions, actions, and feelings through gestures) to tell the story, they will be encouraged to pay higher attention and demonstrate a deeper level of engagement. Funny, cheeky, and romantic, Coppélia is undoubtedly full of expression and energy.
- The importance of happy family memories and making them through spending extra time with your kids and loved ones is at the heart of ballet—bringing people together, no matter what age they are, or where they are from. Coppélia has a delightfulness to it that can help spark conversations and connections.
Although you may have pushed going to the ballet aside in favour of other activities, now is your chance to treat you and your family to a gorgeous live dance performance. A supremely witty and enchanting production that is abounding with melodic grace, Coppélia will sure be one to remember.
Location: His Majesty’s Theatre (825 Hay St, Perth WA 6000)
Dates: 16th – 25th September
For more information on Coppélia, visit waballet.com.au
- Baby Massage 101: A First-Time Parent’s Guide - October 21, 2021
- Best Subscription Boxes for Kids - October 20, 2021
- Tokyo Treat Subscription Box Review - October 19, 2021
- Kids Halloween Party Food - October 14, 2021
- Ancient Greeks: Athletes, Warriors and Heroes Exhibition at WA Museum Boola Bardip - October 7, 2021
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2021 - October 5, 2021
- Aloft Perth Review - September 29, 2021
- 4 Ways To Treat Your Family After Winning Powerball - September 15, 2021
- 5 comfortable and stylish outfits to wear this winter - September 14, 2021
- The Parkerville Tavern - September 1, 2021