Esther Café, previously located in Como, overlooks leafy Haynes Street. It’s not your ordinary café. It’s part of The Esther program, which trains young women that have been through crisis situations and tough experiences like abuse and eating disorders. Here, they gain valuable new skills in baking and learn all about how to be a barista, helping them gain a certificate in hospitality.
Found next to the Vault Restaurant, there’s a lot to this little café. As well as a great coffee spot and training café, there’s a recycled clothing boutique attached.
At the counter there’s a whole range of delicious and wholesome home baked goods. Some of the tasty treats you’ll find at The Esther Café are hummingbird cake, chocolate beetroot cake, chocolate banana cake, the famous gluten free Esther brownie and much, much more. If you feel like something savory, there’s also vegetarian or meat sausage rolls and savoury muffins.
You can choose to sit outside or in. For little one’s there’s a small toy corner where kids can sit at the small table and draw.
The coffee used at Esther Café is really good. Served in either large mugs or beautifully hand made handle-less cups.
Little Chef dunked his bickie in a babycino.
I enjoyed a healthy poke bowl of roast chicken, roast pumpkin, beetroot, chic peas, feta, pine nuts, rice and more. I found it really good value at just $14.
There’s a kids menu offering of kids toasties ($6). Little Chef picked a sausage roll from the cabinet – which he loved!
Our fur baby Ruby loved Esther Café too. Dogs are welcome to sit on the outside patio and water bowls are available.
Pop into Esther Café for a cuppa! You’re not only treating yourself, but helping a very worthy cause.
More about the Esther Café here.
Find Esther Café at 23 Haynes Street, Kalamunda.
Find more family friendly cafes in Perth here.
- Cafes with Healthy Kids Menus in Perth - October 22, 2020
- Best Cafes in Perth for a Coffee in the Park - October 22, 2020
- The Best Family Friendly Restaurants in Fremantle - October 17, 2020
- Best Cafes for Mum’s Groups in Perth – South & Perth Hills - October 13, 2020
- 10 Things to do with Kids in Geraldton - October 12, 2020
- Museum of Geraldton - October 12, 2020
- Best Mini Golf Courses in Perth - October 5, 2020
- Zip Line Courses in Perth and WA - September 24, 2020
- The Kiosk Fremantle - September 22, 2020
- Sistas Burns Beach - September 14, 2020