Embers in Gooseberry Hill has been a Perth Hills stalwart for well over a decade. The cosy restaurant is tucked away amongst the gumtrees at the Gooseberry Hill shopping centre.
The casual neighbourhood eatery, is particularly well known for its delicious gourmet wood-fired pizzas. For a change, we popped by for brunch. We sat in the closed-in veranda area as we had our puppy with us. Dogs are welcome in this area on a leash. I love the rustic feel and the stone tables. There’s even a pot belly wood heater to keep warm on chilly hills mornings!
A good looking brunch dish at our table was the smashed avo ($21) with runny poached eggs, feta mint, cherry tomatoes, balsamic reduction and rocket on crusty bread.
I’d originally ordered the GF banana bread French toast. I hardly ever get to enjoy this, since I’m gluten intolerant. I was SO disappointed that they were fresh out of banana bread. So I went for my plan B, the skinny breakfast ($21) – poached eggs, sautéed spinach, baked avo with fetta, tomato and GF bread. Very simple, very fresh.
The kids breakfast menu offers eight yummy options, from triple choc pancakes, mini breakfast, scrambled eggs and toasties. Little Chef chose the original kid’s pancakes ($10.50) with strawberry, banana, berry coulis, maple syrup and vanilla gelato.
There are also high chairs and colouring packs available to keep kids entertained at the table.
Next door, the restaurant also runs a lovely gift shop full of locally made trinkets, as well as fresh flowers.
Embers is popular with families and small groups. It is a warm and inviting place, especially on a chilly day or night, when the wood fires are burning.
Find Embers at 169 Railway Road, Gooseberry Hill.
See their website for more information.
Find more family friendly restaurants and cafes in Perth here.
- COVID-Safe Kids Birthday Parties in Perth - May 15, 2020
- National Parks and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas in Perth - April 24, 2020
- Best Book Shops for Kids in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Perth and WA Attractions - April 7, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Online Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020
- 40 Fun Indoor Activities for Kids at Home - March 15, 2020