Elmar’s in the Valley is Perth’s largest German establishment and one of the largest venues in the Swan Valley making it the perfect venue for a social get together.
The venue is huge! There is a large indoor restaurant offering an a la carte menu and table service, plus an undercover Beer Garden area offering its own menu. Elmar’s in the Valley is great for accommodating big groups as it has lots of large tables.
The Beer Garden is very family friendly with a huge grassy area to run about on plus the recent addition of a small fenced playground.
The menu offers traditional German staples such as Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, Beef Goulash and Elmar’s Specialty – a slow-cooked and roasted Pickled Pork Shank.
We dined in the Beer Garden area which offers a smaller, more low-key menu than the indoor dining area. Food has to be ordered at the bar which is good if there is a large group of you as you can all order and pay separately. The bar is cash only but you can set up a tab by handing over your credit card and drivers licence and then you pay in the restaurant on your way out.
I selected the Grillbratwurst served with Sauerkraut, Potato Mash and Mustard which was good value at $20.
We also sampled the Pork Schnitzel which came accompanied by a choice of Fries or Potato Salad, a garden salad and a creamy mushroom sauce ($34.90).
Our vegetarian dining companions ordered the Vegetarian German Pasta off the a la carte menu which they really enjoyed. The a la carte menu is available in both the inside restaurant and the beer garden. (The beer garden menu is not available in the restaurant).
The kids menu ($10.90 – $13.90) includes cocktail Vienna sausages, chicken nuggets, pork schnitzel and a kids nibble plate. It was refreshing to see that the chicken nuggets are house made and all the meals come served with carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes and slices of apple.
The food was of good quality and came out fairly quickly considering how busy it was. We enjoyed our lunch at Elmar’s. It’s definitely a great venue to dine with a group of friends.
Find more family friendly restaurants
Find more things to do in the Swan Valley
- Free Online Exercise Classes for Kids - April 3, 2020
- Swan Valley Adventure Centre School Holiday Program - March 16, 2020
- Little Herberts, Wembley - January 22, 2020
- Bathers Beach House, Fremantle - December 11, 2019
- Charter 1 Sailing, Fremantle - November 20, 2019
- Old Wild West, Hillarys - November 7, 2019
- Ivy & Jack, Perth City - October 4, 2019
- Pixar Putt Perth - October 3, 2019
- Why Should Men In Perth Start Using Beauty Subscription Boxes - September 16, 2019
- Key Tips On Finding Great Product Deals For Parents - September 13, 2019