If, like me, you have a dino mad child, then your little one is bound to love Dino World! Hosted by Northlands Shopping Centre in Balcatta, this free prehistoric shopping centre experience is not to be missed.
The first creature we spotted was a giant prehistoric dragonfly. This huge bug is seated on a rock and flaps it’s wings at passersby.
Located adjacent to this is an animatronic deinonychus, a kind of therapod dinosaur. Surrounded by greenery, this dinosaur moves up and down, and appears to move his arms. It regularly roars at it’s audience. It’s not as big and scary as another of the dino visitors. So it’s more likely to be enjoyed by smaller children.
Between the deinonychus and the dragonfly there is also a dinosaur egg. Children can climb inside and pose for photos as though they are hatching from the egg themselves. My girl isn’t the most patient of kids, and this was a busy day, but she was happy to wait her turn to “hatch”.
Further down the centre, outside Coles, there is a large animatronic Tyrannosaurus Rex. He is much larger and consequently more imposing than the smaller therapod.
T-Rex roars at the visiting families. He moves his head up and down, and side to side and moves his arms. He was Miss 5’s favourite! She says she loves that he roars, and that in the photos we took it looks like he tried to eat her. 😉
Each dinosaur exhibited has a sign board in front. This has interesting facts about each species. So kids are sure to learn something new.
If you’re looking for free or low cost activities these school holidays, this is sure to be a winner. No bookings are required.
Keep your eyes open! These are just what we spotted. There may be more dinos hiding around the Centre. On Monday, 7 October from 12.45pm, an extra special visitor will be roaming the centre!
Located at Primewest Northlands Shopping Centre, 201 Amelia Street, Balcatta (off Wanneroo Road).
Dino World! is available to visit from Wednesday, 2 October to Friday, 11 October between 11am and 3pm daily.
- December Family Friendly Events in Perth - November 20, 2020
- Santa Letters And Other Christmas Magic Ideas - November 16, 2020
- Restaurants Open on Christmas Day in Perth - November 5, 2020
- Family Friendly Events for November - October 21, 2020
- Stirling Tree Trail 2020 - September 29, 2020
- Family Friendly Events for October - September 20, 2020
- Family Halloween Events in Perth 2020 - September 20, 2020
- H&N Strawberries, Gnangara - August 27, 2020
- September Family Friendly Events in Perth - August 19, 2020
- Grasshopper Soccer - August 11, 2020