I love a quality feed, though I often feel compromised when eating out with kids in tow. Mainly, venues that cater for families don’t always have the best food (think chain steakhouses and average pubs). Luckily I’ve found a spot that has turned family dining in Perth on its head – Dilly Dally in Subiaco! Formerly the Witches Cauldron, newbie Dilly Dally is a huge venue, has excellent food and it has put aside a dining room especially for families.
On the surface, Dilly Dally looks like another trendy restaurant in Subi, and you may not be sure if it would be suitable for your ankle biters. The staff here most definitely welcome kids with open arms. So that’s a big tick for me… great food and wine, cool spot and happy kids!
The cavernous back-end dining room has plenty of tables for families (and high chairs), many with a view of the kids play corner.
There’s a taste bud tempting menu of Italian share plates and pizza, as well as a quality menu for children. Chef and I start with a few share plates – from cheesy arancini balls ($13.50) to chilli and garlic prawns ($24). All made with the freshest ingredients and cooked with flair.
The handy kid’s nook will keep children of all ages occupied (even pre-teens). The vibrant corner is decorated with a beautiful indigenous mural and there’s plenty to do. There’s even a couple of sofas for chilling.
Story books and wooden toys will keep little ones busy, while older kids will enjoy a giant game of connect four, jenga and tic, tac, toe.
Even the adults will want a turn of the retro arcade games!
I’m so happy to see Dilly Dally’s interesting “bambino” menu is void of fish fingers and chicken nuggets. Little Chef absolutely loved the ham and pineapple pizza ($12) which was not much smaller than an adults serve, with a crisp handmade base.
Our mains were just as good as the share dishes. A traditional crumbed pork cotoletta ($29.50) went down a treat. We didn’t have much room left for dessert. Little Chef enjoyed a bowl of ice cream and popping candy – plated beautifully!
I’d definitely recommend Dilly Dally Subiaco for a family meal – it’s perfect for foodies of all ages.
Find Dilly Dally at 87 Rokeby Road, Subiaco.
- Cycling with Kids in Perth - May 29, 2020
- COVID-Safe Kids Birthday Parties in Perth - May 15, 2020
- National Parks and Regional Parks in Perth - April 30, 2020
- Mother’s Day Gift Ideas in Perth - April 24, 2020
- Best Book Shops for Kids in Perth - April 15, 2020
- Family Friendly Perth Restaurants & Cafes Offering Take Away - April 10, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Perth and WA Attractions - April 7, 2020
- Virtual Tours of Museums, Zoos and Attractions Around the World - March 30, 2020
- Online Grocery Delivery Services in Perth - March 26, 2020
- 20 Indoor Activities for Parents - March 21, 2020