Cowaramup brewing company is in a lovely country location about a 20 minute drive from Margaret River and about half an hour from Dunsborough.
There is seating inside, undercover on the large veranda and also under umbrellas on the lawns. You can see the playground from the veranda or you can sit right next to it on one of the outdoor tables.
Each time we visited there hasn’t been a shade sail over the playground but if you have little ones who are happy to sit in one spot, they could sit under the shade of the climbing frame and play in the sand if you have sand toys with you.
There is a climbing frame with a slide, wobbly bridge and also a couple of swings. There is plenty of grass for the little ones to run around on so you could take a ball or cricket set.
There is a large pond at the bottom of the lawns. The pond is a considerable distance from the playground and eating area but you would need to watch little ones, as at the time of our visit the pond was unfenced.
Cowaramup brewing company had a great range of homemade pizzas (including a gluten free option). They also have fish and chips, a burger, salt and pepper squid, pasta, salad, a brewer’s platter and deserts. An updated version of the menu is available is on their website.
They have a childrens’ menu with 4 options, all $12 each: fish, pizza, mini burger or crispy chicken strips – all served with chips and a salad garnish.
On this occasion we all shared the adult sized pizzas and they were very good. My husband also had a tasting paddle which he enjoyed. The tasting paddle is 6 beers in 100ml glasses in a paddle for $15 but they did used to do a half one too. You can buy a 2 litre bottle of beer called a ‘growler’ and there is wine available for the non-beer drinkers.
Cowaramup brewing company also arranges brewery tours by appointment and has live music on some Sundays.
This is another great brewery and we shall certainly continue to visit it on our trips down south.
- Cullen Winery, Margaret River - February 18, 2018
- Royal Life Saving Australia Review - May 24, 2017
- Brewhouse Margaret River - March 30, 2016
- Odyssea Beach Cafe, City Beach - March 23, 2016
- Eagle Rock Spur Steak & Grill, Currambine – CLOSED - January 7, 2016
- Bold Park Aquatic Centre, City Beach - December 2, 2015
- The Margaret River Chocolate Factory & Cafe, Margaret River - April 28, 2015
- Margaret River Farmers’ Market, Margaret River - April 8, 2015
- Rochelle Adonis High Tea, Highgate – CLOSED - April 4, 2015
- Cambridge International Food Forum, Wembley - April 4, 2015