Captain Cook Cruises offer a free kids club membership for children aged 4 -14 years to encourage them to come and “experience a day in the life of a Captain Cook Cruises member and become more familiar with the cruising industry in a fun and interactive way”.
I signed up Miss 4 online and within days her welcome pack crammed packed full of goodies arrived. Included was a Captain Cook Cruise Beach ball, a VIP Kids member pass, their latest colouring competition complete with crayons and a voucher offering Miss 4 a free Swan River cruise with up to 4 accompanying adults being able to cruise for kids prices which is $20 – a saving of $15.
Looking for something to do over the school holidays we booked promptly booked the river cruise. With the voucher, we were restricted to the cruise leaving Barrack Street Jetty at 2.15pm. The leisurely cruise takes you to Fremantle and back, a journey lasting 2 and a half hour.
On arrival Miss 4 was greeted like a VIP, she was even invited to go and visit the captain of the boat but she came over all shy and declined much to my disappointment as I would have loved to have done so.
I would say that the cruise is quite long to fully hold the attention of a 4-year-old so I would come armed with some ‘I-Spy’ games. You could prepare a list of things that you would expect to see during your river cruise and the kids could have great fun ticking them off when they spot them.
Also, I would recommend bringing your own snacks as there is a limited selection available to purchase on board.
Sign up to Captain Cook Cruises Kids Club here.
Find more things to do in Perth City
- DoubleTree by Hilton Perth Waterfront - November 28, 2020
- WA Museum Boola Bardip, Perth - November 23, 2020
- Santa Perth – list of the best places to get Santa Pictures Perth - November 11, 2020
- The Life Boat, Mindarie Marina - November 9, 2020
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids - November 4, 2020
- Meelup Farmhouse - November 4, 2020
- Maison Saint Honore, Swan Valley - November 3, 2020
- Eagle Falls Spur, Wanneroo - October 23, 2020
- Aloft Perth Review - October 15, 2020
- Kids Halloween Party Food - October 14, 2020