Cafe du quartier is a new cafe in the Swan Valley which is Mauritian influenced. The cafe is located on Great Northern Highway but set quite far back off the road so I almost missed the turnoff.
As soon as we arrived the kids ran straight to the climbing frame which is set on the large grassed area and surrounded by Christmas trees.
On the grassed area, under shaded, is a sandpit with the sand placed in around giant tyres with lots of toys like trucks and diggers.
Inside is light and bright with lots of seating and a toy corner.
I ordered the kids Nutella crepes for the girls (which were delicious!) and I had a coffee and we sat outside on the veranda area. My mum also came with us and it was so lovely sitting in the winter sun watching the kids play on the grass.
Café du Quartier is also pet-friendly, providing treats and water to your pooches.
One downfall of the cafe is that the cafe faces Great Northern Highway and there’s no fence so if you have a runner of a toddler this probably wouldn’t be the place for you. There is a very large grassed away before the road so it’s perfectly safe, I just wouldn’t be able to relax if one of my kids were prone to running.
Otherwise, Café du Quartier is a lovely cafe with very tempting food, good kids areas and lots of space and seating.
Café du Quartier
633 Great Northern Highway, Herne Hill
Open Friday to Wednesday, 7am – 4pm, closed Thursday
- Two Birds Fromagerie, Swan Valley - December 16, 2020
- Perth Mess Hall, Perth - November 26, 2020
- Ruth Faulkner Library @ Belmont Hub - October 21, 2020
- Giraffe Close Encounters at Perth Zoo - September 1, 2020
- Pasta in the Valley, Swan Valley - August 10, 2020
- Kingsley Tavern - July 25, 2020
- The Cat Cafe, Subiaco - July 22, 2020
- Victoria Park Hotel, Vic Park - March 9, 2020
- Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre - November 2, 2019
- Ponies For Any Occasion - September 4, 2019