Burger Hut Wanneroo – We found ourselves at Burger Hut recently for a quick and easy dinner. It’s a spot we’d driven past many times on Wanneroo Road and always meant to try. Finally, we stopped at the casual, suburban eatery on a night when neither of us wanted to cook at home.
At Burger Hut you can dine inside the small diner or alfresco and there were a lot of people dropping in for takeaways too. The service is friendly and patient, as we decided which burgers to choose from the large menu which also features steak burgers, chicken burgers, Asian pork burgers, veggie burgers and more on the burger menu.
Chef chose the “Double bacon deluxe”, $14.90. It’s a massive burger, brimming with bacon, TWO beef patties, cheese, pineapple, lettuce and BBQ sauce. All burgers are served with a small side salad and a basket of chips, making it a very hearty meal.
I notice his chips arrive seasoned with chippy salt. I’m a bit of a food label reader and I also have a sensitivity to additives and preservatives. I asked for my chips to come without the chippy salt as it contains MSG which I have an allergic reaction to. The staff were only too happy to give me a basket of plain chips. The boys, who love chippy salt, seemed very happy with their chips.
I chose the “Tropical” burger, $12.90. The nicely toasted bun is stuffed with a home ground beef patty, bacon, avocado, pineapple, red onion, tomato, crisp lettuce, cheese, tomato relish and aioli. It’s a really tasty burger, though I would have liked to see a bit more avocado on there!
Little Chef wolfed down a mini beef cheese burger, $7.90. There is also a “mini chicken” kids burger available on the kids menu. All kid’s burgers come with chips and a pop top fruit drink. High chairs are available too.
If you live in the Wanneroo area The Burger Hut’s big, fresh n tasty burgers well worth checking out for a great value family meal.
Find Burger Hut at 617 Wanneroo Road, Wanneroo.
- Family Friendly Breweries in Perth and the Swan Valley - January 20, 2021
- Family Friendly Breweries in Margaret River and South West WA - January 20, 2021
- Roho Bure, Leederville - January 19, 2021
- The Alkaline Café, Albany - January 19, 2021
- Laika Coffee, Lathlain - January 14, 2021
- Top Things to Do and Eat at Elizabeth Quay - January 10, 2021
- Stella Gelato, West Swan - December 22, 2020
- Swan Valley Station, Henley Brook - December 22, 2020
- Kalamunda Night Markets - December 21, 2020
- Best Museums in Perth for Kids - December 7, 2020