If you’re looking for some free Family Fun, the Avon Descent Family Fun Day is a free event in Bayswater at the finish line for families to enjoy.
For those not familiar, the Avon Descent is a 124km, two-day boat race involving both powered and paddle craft along the Avon River from Northam to the upper tidal waters of the Swan River in Bayswater. The Family Fun Day is set up right at the finish line, so you can see the competitors complete their time trials.
The Avon Descent Family Fun Day event is sponsored by the City of Bayswater, and includes free rides, face painting, balloon twisting, kids entertainers, and an animal farm. Miss 3 had a ball petting chickens, goats and lambs, and enjoyed a slide down the inflatable slide. She was blown away meeting the entertainers… Especially Moana!
Among the kids rides we saw a mobile play centre, two bouncy castles, two inflatable slides, spinning tea cups, as well as a number of flashy, fast spinning rides for bigger kids. This is in addition to the large fenced playground that is a permanent fixture here.
If you’re in need of refreshment, there are an array of food trucks. On the day we visited, these included Japanese food, Thai, Turkish, Filipino food, wood-fired pizza, and waffles. There was also a Boost Juice van, and coffee and ice cream vans. So lots of options to choose from.
Free parking is located on the grassy reserves on King William Street and Slade Street. As it is a little bit of a walk, I’d suggest it may be best to bring a pram or stroller in case little legs need a break. Otherwise, there are lots of paths through the park for bikes and scooters, and dogs are welcome on a leash.
The Avon Descent Family Fun Day is located in the banks of the Swan River, at the finish line of the Avon Descent, at Bayswater Riverside Gardens. The event runs from 11am to 5pm.
- Restaurants Open on Christmas Day in Perth - September 15, 2021
- Wadjemup Museum - September 12, 2021
- September Family Friendly Events in Perth - August 25, 2021
- Father’s Day Events in Perth - August 18, 2021
- H&N Strawberries, Gnangara - August 11, 2021
- August Family Friendly Events in Perth - July 23, 2021
- NAIDOC Week Events in Perth - June 29, 2021
- Brickwrecks: Sunken Ships in LEGO® Bricks - June 28, 2021
- Family Friendly Events for July in Perth - June 25, 2021
- Family Friendly Events for June - May 25, 2021