Antz HQ is a popular little coffee shop on Albany Hwy in Victoria Park. It’s just become more popular because not only is the coffee good they’ve recently added an outdoor playground. Antz HQ is also doing its bit for the environment by being a paper-free cafe. If you want your coffee takeaway you need to bring your own reusable cup or purchase one of the affordable cups available. If you are sitting in you have a choice of cup or mug.
We stopped by early one weekday morning recently. After placing our coffee order we went outside to play area. The outside space is simple but fun for the kids. The seating is casual, low stools with a comfy cushion and covered in colourful fabric.
For the kids, there is a sandpit with lots of sand toys, diggers and buckets. Running alongside the sandpit and through the stools were some stepping logs. There is also a fort with a climbing wall and slide. There were a few balls in the area when we visited and my daughter enjoyed playing with these as well. The space is very casual and it almost felt like I was in my backyard having a coffee and playing ball with my daughter.
If you’d prefer table seating they have seating inside or a “parklet” just outside the front of the cafe.
The coffee was the best I’ve had for a while and judging by how busy they are I’m not the only one who thinks that. They also offer some delicious looking cakes displayed in the cabinet or if you prefer something savoury they do a variety of fresh bagels. You can purchase the coffee beans to take home.
732 Albany Hwy, Victoria Park close to The Hawaiian’s Park Centre and Victoria Park Library.
Open 6.30am-3pm Monday to Friday, 6.30pm to 2pm Saturday and 8am-12pm Sunday.
- Denmark Tavern - October 23, 2020
- Lucieville Farmstay – Bridgetown - October 23, 2020
- Denmark Animal Farm and Pentland Alpaca Stud - October 21, 2020
- The Sebel Mandurah - July 13, 2020
- Discovery Rottnest Island - May 26, 2020
- City View Cafe at Optus Stadium - February 20, 2020
- Bilgoman Swimming Pool, Darlington - December 20, 2019
- Mandurah Cruises Christmas Lights Cruise - December 19, 2019
- Hampton & Maley, Victoria Park - December 19, 2019
- Christmas 360, Toodyay - July 18, 2019