Explore the ancient world of the Greeks with a fascinating exhibition at the WA Museum Boola Bardip. Ancient Greeks: Athletes, Warriors and Heroes, a new exhibition that explores the ideas of athleteship, citizenship and heroism in ancient Greece.
The exhibition, which was developed in collaboration with the British Museum, explores the history of ancient Greece through a range of fascinating objects, which offer a revealing insight into the world of Greece’s most celebrated athletes, warriors and heroes. The exhibition is a rare opportunity to get up close to some of the most impressive examples of ancient Greek art and sculpture from around the world.
Offering a unique exploration of the world of ancient Greeks, this exhibition features interactive displays, hands-on activities and fascinating objects.
400BC is a long time ago, right? We were blown away by the intricate and unique jewellery, vases and sculptures dating back to that time!
The interactive corner will keep the kids engaged with lightbox drawings, traditional games and a simulated walkthrough of an ancient Greek town.
If you want to get the most out of the exhibition you can collect a Gogo Digital Guide from the information desk on arrival or download the free app to your smartphone. The Gogo Digital Guide offers a more immersive, guided journey into Ancient Greek life, highlighting feature objects and stories that bring you closer than ever to the action.
Ancient Greeks: Athletes, Warriors and Heroes is on display at the WA Museum Boola Bardip until 7th November 2021. Tickets are $25 adults, $22.50 concessions and $15 Junior aged 5 – 15 years. Children under the age of 4 are free. During the spring school holidays enter for free until 10th October.
On Saturday 9th October you can join in the fun at the Agora: Ancient Greek Family Day from 10am – 3pm. There be plenty of free activities throughout the day including;
- Traditional theatre mask-making
- Pottery decorating
- Wreath weaving
- Chariot rides
Plus, enjoy classic Greek snacks (such as spanakopita, cashew baklava, dolmades, wraps and skewers cooked live in front of you).
For more information visit visit.museum.wa.gov.au/boolabardip/ancient-greeks
- Top 6 Features To Consider Before Buying Baby Carriers - November 12, 2021
- Burns Beach Twilight Markets - November 9, 2021
- The Life Boat, Mindarie Marina - November 9, 2021
- How to Get Your Kids to Brush Their Teeth - November 1, 2021
- Baby Massage 101: A First-Time Parent’s Guide - October 21, 2021
- Best Subscription Boxes for Kids - October 20, 2021
- Tokyo Treat Subscription Box Review - October 19, 2021
- Kids Halloween Party Food - October 14, 2021
- Ancient Greeks: Athletes, Warriors and Heroes Exhibition at WA Museum Boola Bardip - October 7, 2021
- Best Non-Chocolate Advent Calendars for Kids 2021 - October 5, 2021