8 on the point is the newest Chinese Restaurant to grace Perth. Located along the swan river at the picturesque and peaceful Point Fraser, they offer Dim sum (yum cha) by day and authentic cantonese cuisine by night. 8 on the point pride themselves in providing the freshest food with no added MSG, which is extremely rare for Chinese cuisine. And taste wasn’t compromised at all. We tried out their dim sum over the weekend after hearing so much about it. Upon stepping into the restaurant, we were blown away by how spacious it was. Definitely plenty of room to park your pram if you need to take one in. The chairs were one the comfiest ones I’ve sat in and table setting was immaculate.
The little one loves dim sum, he especially loves seeing all the various shapes and sizes and intricate dumpling wrapped so beautifully. Its really quite an art. I think its such a great experience for kids. We were seated on the window seat and got to admire the view of the greenery and swan river. Dim sum with a view, what more can you ask for!
The dim sum carts came round and the lovely ladies explained each one of the items very patiently to the little one and he got to choose what he wanted to order. They have a menu at each table as well and the variety they offer is simply amazing!
Kids will enjoy watching watching the chefs at work, making all the yummy food right in front of your eyes,
The dessert trolley came by and the mango pudding “rubber” ducks caught the eyes of the little one and of course we have to order it cause it just looks so darn cute! We also order the famous egg tarts. Both were just the perfect way to finish our amazing dim sum meal.
After lunch, we wandered around outside the restaurant and found a playground, Unfortunately it was a very hot day he didn’t manage to get a play in. But we will surely be back soon!
8 on the Point Chinese
306 Riverside Drive (Point Fraser)
Mon – Sun: 10.30am – 10.00pm
- Smiths Beach Resort, Margaret River - November 17, 2020
- Banjup Local - September 24, 2020
- Sprolo, South Perth - September 8, 2020
- Perth Mango Farm - February 5, 2020
- Happy Feet Children’s Footwear, Alfred Cove - September 24, 2019
- Stacked Cafe, Fremantle - March 27, 2019
- The Quarter Acre Hotel, Applecross - February 26, 2019
- May Street Larder, East Fremantle - February 20, 2019
- Someday Coffee Co, Floreat - February 17, 2019
- Steamlab: Coffee and Tea Specialist, Applecross - October 3, 2018