We all want to keep our families as safe as possible, especially when we are out on the roads each day. And although you don’t necessarily need comprehensive car insurance to get out on the road, you really should consider it as having it can actually save you time, money and headache.
1. You won’t be without a car
If you have an accident or something happens to your car, a lot of things suddenly become very difficult. For example, dropping off and picking up the kids at school, doing the groceries, or driving to work are things most car owners take for granted.
Many comprehensive car insurance policies have an option that covers any out-of-pocket car hire expenses. This removes any stress of finding a replacement car in a hurry. This benefit, however, often does come at an additional cost so make a few enquiries when seeking a quote.
When you have comprehensive car insurance, most insurers will offer you a hire car to use if your car is stolen or if your vehicle is damaged in a crash that was not your fault. You may also be able to get a new car as a replacement if your new car is a write-off in the first two years after you have purchased it.
In Australia, the only legal requirement for driving a car is that it must have third-party motor insurance. Compulsory third-party car insurance will only cover you for damage that you inflict to other cars in the event of an accident. This means that comprehensive car insurance is an optional extra and whilst it can cost on average in excess of $1,000 per year, it can provide you with peace of mind each time you are out on the roads.
2. You’ll be covered for unexpected incidents
You can’t always plan for things that can happen to you on the road, but you can be covered for unexpected incidents that may occur. The most common type of accident is when it is a multiple vehicle accident and your vehicle is sadly stuck in the middle (where your rear is damaged and the front of your car causes damage to the car in front of you).
So not only does comprehensive car insurance such as from NRMA cover you for damages to your car in the event of an accident, but it will also cover you for things like storms or floods. You are also covered for things like fire and theft when you purchase comprehensive car insurance for your car.
According to carsafe.com.au, there were 47,801 passenger vehicles stolen in Australia during 12 months to March 2020. Although third-party fire and theft insurance will cover these things, comprehensive car insurance can cover things like vandalism and damages to your vehicle as well. So if you have a car with custom upgrades and you want to protect your asset while ensuring the safety of your family, comprehensive car insurance is something you should consider.
3. You can get coverage for baby seats
Something that a lot of people are not aware of when they are buying comprehensive car insurance is that your policy may cover baby seats, child restraints and capsules that are used in your car.
If your baby seat, child restraint or baby capsule that you use in your car is stolen or damaged in an accident, you may be able to claim it on your car insurance. Some insurance providers may allow you to claim up to $500 on your comprehensive car insurance if your child restraint is damaged. This is great for families and people with small children because these items can often be expensive to replace.
To find out more about the types of car insurance, the Australian Government website moneysmart.gov.au provides a great breakdown including a glossary of terms.
- The Demand For Family Doctors In Australia: What You Need To Know - December 6, 2023
- How High-Quality Meat Can Impact Your Child’s Nutrition And Growth - December 1, 2023
- 5 Ways to Make Moving House More Eco-friendly - November 28, 2023
- Hosting a Poolside Christmas - November 24, 2023
- How to Find the Right Recreational Activities for the Whole Family - November 14, 2023
- Aussie Christmas: Blending Tradition With Modern Gifting Ideas - November 10, 2023
- The Best Floral Arrangements for Birthdays - November 7, 2023
- 6 Crucial Situations When You Should Hire A Family Lawyer - November 6, 2023
- Creative Floral Arrangements For A Memorable Wedding - November 2, 2023
- 6 Things to Keep in Mind When Shopping for Furniture for Your Kid’s Room - October 25, 2023